Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Crux: Getting Down to Writing

Ultimately, even with all the reading and all the theory in the world, you--meaning, really, I, will never have anything if I don't get down to the nitty-gritty of writing. The problem is that for me, at least, the moment I schedule time for myself to write, suddenly I lose every shred of inspiration I might have had even seconds before.

The fix for this, I have decided, is to just write until I do have inspiration. This is, obviously, harder than it sounds. A way this can be made easier, though, is to use random generators to "stir" those creative juices until something comes out, even if it isn't anything amazing. The goal at this point is to built the habit and stamina for writing more so than to really produce a masterpiece--or at least, that's the goal for me.

So here are some random random generators I would like to remember to use in the future, and perhaps you, likely bored-silly reader, may get some use out of them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment